Sunday, February 5, 2012

T-minus 10 hours!

OH EM GEEEE! Staging is so close! There are so many emotions running through me right now. Anxiety, sadness, aprehension, and excitement...hopefully all these feelings or normal at this point. That or I'm doing something wrong.

Last week was great, I was able to hang out with Dave and just relax. We ate at all of my favorite restaurants....I'm really going to miss Subway (sigh). Hopefully I packed on enough pounds to last me the first few weeks in a new country.

As far as packing goes...It literally took me like an entire day. Plus it doesn't help waiting until the day before...oops. Packing was definitely stressful. I sat in the middle of the floor surrounded by mountains of items as I debated about what to take and what I could manage to live the next two years without. I finally finished the majority of my packing, although I'm not really sure that my baggage falls within the limits of  Peace Corps requirements. Too late to turn back now, just gotta cross my fingers! I have 55 lbs worth of baggage to be checked and a 10lb bag for a carry on. Not too shabby. Let's see how long I can last with all that weight before my weak arms and fragile back decide to crumble underneath me.

Today I had one last feast that my Aunt Bea and Mom made for me. The food was glorious! Especially the fried rice and egg rolls (yuuummmmyyy!) Best part of the day was that Dave made a surprise visit to Paris! I don't think I would have been able to finish packing without his help...And because of this, he gets the best boyfriend of the year award! (Also...special shout out to my cousin Mitchell who also helped me pack the majority of my things)

So in just a few hours, I will start my amazing journey. Thanks to all my friends and family who have supported me in this decision!I'll try to make another entry when I get a chance, but I'm not sure how busy I will be or how often I can have access to the internet. Just remember, no news is good news!

I love and miss you all. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. You're the best! I'm going to miss you! Now go and be a more kick ass volunteer than I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't have too much fun saving the world! Remember us small people when you are kicking ass and taking names

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, while you're gone I will eat all of yo mama's egg rolls for you :)

    ReplyDelete